THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I'm SOOO proud of Miss Bailey!!


I know most of you probably won't get this, BUT if you are in 1st grade you may enter the LIttle Miss Enterprise pageant. The winner represents the city for a year, attending ribbon cuttings, ground breakings, social events and goes on to compete for Little Miss National Peanut Festival. The Nut Festival is a big deal round these parts and GA and FL panhandle. Well, Bailey decided she wanted to enter. THey practiced every Sunday afternoon since mid January. This thing includes an interview with 3 judges, of course a walk, if you make top 10 then there is an onstage question. Well, my child is reserved when it comes to talking to people she doesn't know...good thing, unless you have an interview!! So, we make it through Sat am interview, and we are getting ready for the stage part...her walk was flawless!! When they announced top 10, they called her name like 6th or 7th, I was a nervous wreck, but going into it, top 10 was all I dare hope for!! Onstage question time...."What was the last thing you were told NOT to do before you came out on stage?" Well, no moms were allowed backstage, so.....Bailey says,"I don't know." Emcee..."You can't think of anything? Bay"NO sir." Well, crap. Then it's time to announce the winners. 4th....nope....3rd....nope....2nd...nope (well folks it's been fun)...1st runner up...BAILEY HOLLAND **WHAT*** I couldn't be happier of that baby if she had won the darn thing!! She did a fantastic job, and I can only assume that her interview went pretty well considering her question did not!! My mom MADE her dress, She was beautiful!

Of course in the car coming home the dredded question..."Mom, can I do another one?" ugh

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Bailey! The dress is fab.....had they asked her a normal question i.e. about world peace....she would have nailed the interview portion and would be opening up new businesses for e-prise left and right....:) ~Leslie

Leah said...

She looks beautiful!

Gwen said...

Yeah for Bailey! 1st runner up is a big deal! congrats!