THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Not sure I can make it all the way through this one...

Thursday night (late) Mike's brother was in a horrible motorcycle accident. We are thinking it happened near midnight. However, he wasn't found until 4 am. His friend got a new motorcycle that day, and everyone was taking their turn riding it. John left their other brother's house around 11:30, and when he wasn't back at 12, folks went out searching. The sherrif's dept. located him by using his cell phone signal. They immediately had a Ft. Rucker pilot medivac him to Dothan. John has a broken neck (2 places), a broken back, his right hand from the wrist down is shattered, and the rest is mainly cosmetic....terrible gashes, bruises, broken teeth....BUT the child is in one piece, the motorcycle is in a million, literally!! Also, when he landed, it was in a fire ant bed, so for 4 hours he was bitten. He probably has 100 thousand bites, and reacts badly to bites on a good day. I was really having a hard time getting that out of my head. Yes, I know BIG PICTURE, but to think of that baby being bitten thousands of times and not being able to move, ugh...however, Mike's uncle said that maybe the ants stimulated (aggravated) him enough to keep him conscious so he wouldn't drift off into acoma or worse. Thank you Larry, and thank you God for your hateful fire ants!!

His brain as stopped swelling. whew He has opened his eyes twice when told to by the nurses, and they don't play!! He is able to move all of his limbs except his right arm, the one that is broken. So his neck and back injuries are not paralyzing...thank you Lord!! He actually squeezed my hand today when I spent a few minutes with him!! I am just so thankful for his stubbornness and hard head!! They are talking of taking him off the ventilator soon. I personally will be glad when the brain monitor is removed. They don't cover it up when they drill into your skull, it's Frankensteinish!! He does have a feeding tube they started it yesterday. And that was another time I gave a big sigh of releif, because I didn't want him to be hungry, stupid, I know.

If you would, please pray for John Holland, and his family. God has done so many wonderful things allready, beginning with keeping John with us for a while longer!!

3 comments:

Elizabeth Johnston said...

I'm so sorry to hear about that horrible accident! I will be praying for him, his family, and a speedy recovery!

Gwen said...

Oh my goodness. How scary! I will be thinking of your family. Keep us posted on his recovery.

Leah said...

Nita, I am so sorry. I've been so busy that I hadn't visited your blog in awhile. I will pray for his continually recovery.